ShowGizmo provides event apps to thousands of event organisers around the world. Every month our app is being used at conferences, tradeshows, awards ceremonies, product launches etc.
We’re looking for new team members in Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Gold Coast, Wellington, Auckland to assist our clients to have an amazing experience onsite with our event app.
In the same way a hotel concierge knows all the facilities, areas of interest and how to get around the hotel, you as our ‘app concierge’ will understand our app features, how the event plans to use them and how to use the app and will be onsite at our events to assist clients and their event participants. You’ll probably also need to know the event wifi as we ALWAYS get asked that! A typical day will include assisting participants at registration to download the app, making tweaks to the agenda, adding a live poll, facilitating in-app Q&A, handing out exhibitor QR code posters and generally being on hand to answer the event producers last minute questions, and requests for advice.
Your empathy, helpfulness and energy will make all the difference to our app’s success onsite. So, you will be:
• Warm and friendly
• Calm under pressure
• Tech savvy
• Able to explain technology to inexperienced users in a way that makes them feel grateful not patronised
• Well presented
Your experience to date is likely to include;
• Front line support or call centre
• Hospitality front of house
• Data input/word processing
You’ll like this role because:
• It’s casual and can fit in around other things you’re doing
• It could lead to ongoing work with us in a marketing or production capacity
• It will expose you to cool events and interesting clients giving you some experience in the events industry
If selected, we need you to attend a fortnightly one hour online training session with the HQ team to keep connected, up to speed on new features and engaged with us.
You’ll then be advised of events in your location that require an app concierge as and when they are confirmed. You may also be asked to travel. All expenses are covered and we pay WELL as this is such a critical role for us.
Interested? Contact Dott Nemeth to apply